The “Mabitac: Ikaapat na raang taon” commemorative stamps features the old church of the town of Mabitac which was established by the Franciscan missionaries in 1616 with the official seal of the municipality at the background.The first church is situated on a hill made of light materials and was dedicated to Nuestra Senora de Candelaria, its patron saint. It is located above Calvary or Kalbaryo Hill and is known for having a staircase of 126 steps, which has a panoramic view of the town of Sta. Maria and Laguna Lake. The church celebrated the popular festivity of the Three Kings, a re-enactment of the Magi’s journey every 6th of January.PHLPost printed 101,000 pieces of the commemorative stamp sold at P15.00 each.
Philippines Issued Stamp on 400 Years of Mabitac
This entry was posted in Asian Philately, Commemorative Stamps, History Behind A Stamp, New Stamps, News, Themes, World and tagged asian stamps, commemorative stamps, Franciscan missionaries, Laguna Lake, Mabitac: Ikaapat na raang taon, Mabitac: Ikaapat na raang taon stamp, mobitac, mobitac stamp, philippines stamps, stamps of philippines, stamps on churches. Bookmark the permalink.