By Sudhir Jain
National Philatelic Exhibition INPEX 2013 was organized at World Trade Centre, Mumbai fron 21st to 25th Feb. 2013. This mega event was prime attraction of the Philatelists of all over the India. Following are the some notable features of this exhibition –
1. It was organized by the Philatelic Society of India sponsored by the India Post under patronage of the Philatelic Congress of India.
2. India Post was not visible anywhere in the arrangements. Only one sale counter of India Post was there with very few type of stamps and M/S.
3. Dedicated team of senior Philatelists of Philatelic Society of India was throughout active in whole show. Shri Dhirubhai Mehta, Shri Surendra Kotadia, Smt. Damayanti Ben Pittie, Shri Suketu Zaveri, Shri A.T. Haji were among them.
4. At the age of 90 years, Shri Dhirubhai Mehta was most active person. All the days right from morning till evening he was busy in the management and to encourage the stamp collectors.
6. Just after entry in the Expo Center exhibition hall, 97 Dealer booths were prominently attracting the visitors. After crossing the dealer booths, there was function hall, then Organizers Office and after that exhibits were displayed.
7. Total 189 participants exhibited about 750 frames.
8. There was no Invitees Group and no exhibit of Government Departments like India Post, Security Printers etc.
9. As the exhibition hall was small, rows of the frames were arranged very close to each other. Space between two rows was such short that three persons in a parallel line could not pass from the space kept between two rows of the frames.
10. Design, printing and cancellations of special covers were good. Although they were available for sale upto half an hour only after the release of the covers and one cover per person only.
11. Attendance in the official functions such as Inauguration, release of cover etc. was poor.
12. Jainism Philately Group meeting organized on 23rd Feb. 2013 was very well attended by its members from different places of India. Philamirror was remembered in this meeting from the dais.
13. Regional Meeting of Philatelic Congress of India was organized on 24th Feb. 2013.
14. My stamp counter was operative and delivery was assured after one month. They were accepting passport size photos with form and fee. Total four designs of flowers were there costing Rs. 300/- each.
15. Five special covers were released on A Vision of India The Country, Think Green for Pollution Free Nation, A tribute to the father of Nation, RTE Right to Education, A salute to our Armed Force. On 23rd Feb. it was announce that today\’s cancellation will be in golden colour costing Rs. 100/- each. But at India Post counter black ink cancellation was provided with normal rate.
16. Four Booklets were released on Swami Vivekanand Scout Founders Day, Father of Nation and 65 years of Independence.