This is a series of three effects [3.10, 2×7, 10 Kunas] appeared on May 31, 2012. They were designed by Orsat Frankovic with Andrija Carli photos, printed in ten copies minipliegos multicolor offset, white paper, gummed, 102 grams and a circulation of 100,000 complete series, size 48.28 x 29.82 mm.
Stamps shows the headlights of St. Peter (Petar), St. Nicholas (Nikola) and Pokonji (Hell Island).
BRAC (FARO DE SAN NICOLAS)
Here we find one of the smaller headlights we have throughout Croatia, is so-called St. Nicholas in the north of the island and located on a small promontory of the bay near Pučišća, during the period of the Austro- Hungarian. After deciding the location of the road began construction land that has hardly changed since then to gain access to the sea guard up with local stone in 1882 (CXXX anniversary in 2012) and since then, the light beam is the most known-and appreciated-by seamen.
The lighthouse is a small tower two hundred feet resting on a gallery where the lighthouse keepers lived until it was automated in the late nineties (XX), only a small addition: the tank of water for human consumption. Downstairs there is a tiny chapel with a statue dedicated to the saint who is named and who blesses the installation. The small road is closed during the summer and becomes a pleasant walk for tourists, visitors often find that Pučišća and beautiful corner-who decide to leave the car and get a good walk to discover a charming monument. Despite modern navigation systems, the lighthouse remains the essential guide, especially on nights of storm or high winds: the reference for sailors and the guide who leads them safely to the shelter in question.
One of the most attractive beaches of this charming island is that of Bol, a \”v\” if we can see it from the air, fine golden sand that changes with the tide and is translated as \”Golden Horn\” is a corner especially visited by windsurfers.
Brac is the third largest island in the Croatian Adriatic, measures only 40 x 15 km, cut and deep ravines, morphology which gives an added charm \”wild\” and is home to about 15,000 souls who annually receive hundreds of thousands of tourists through two of its ports connected to the mainland by ferries and airport Lilliputian brings the rest.
Its quarries are exploited from the earliest times, still has original forests and a small part of their land is being used for agricultural purposes, although most of its income coming from the entertainment of our society: tourism.
It was a land subject to the vagaries of history: Avars, Byzantines, Venetians, leaving their footprints. Milna is supposed to be their oldest city, founded in the eighteenth century and is located in a bay well protected from the island of Solta. However, the main city is Nerezisca in the center of the island where you can admire the famous lion of St. Mark as a symbol of its importance during the heyday of Venetian trade. But according to the literature, where Bol will find one of its oldest buildings, the Dominican monastery (1475) that rests on the rocky headland at one end of town, from this small nucleus also part of the land routes favored by visitors and the place traps: the ascent of Mount Vidota Gora [St. Vitus] that leaves nearly 800 feet high, one of the greatest of all the Dalmatian islands, found near a fortified monastery, that of Samostan Blaca.
Archaeologists say that the first human settlement was at Skrip where it is believed was born the mother of Emperor Constantine, both the church and its altar are sacred to her, and right there we have the charming Brac Museum is well worth a careful visit to try to get an idea of human settlements in the region since the earliest times. The Romans, for example, extracting huge amounts of stone that served for many military and civil works, among others, the monuments of Salona, the famous Palace of Diocletian in the port city of Split and Sibenik Cathedral. These stones also traveled to most of palaces and churches of Venice immortal. But we could further to find, for example, in the White House or the Royal Palace in Stockholm. The inventor of a revolutionary cutting stone, Juraj Dalmatinac, has his statue in Sibenik, a beautiful port city that has a special charm.
Makarska (FARO DE SAN PEDRO)
This facility is located on the Makarska Riveria called extending from Brela to Živogošće which is located a lush ride that leaves us in the mountains of Biokovo. Happens to be one of the most popular Dalmatian complex tourists visiting the region and the bay is protected by the peninsula of San Pedro which is what gives the place name to the lighthouse.
Originally, during the Roman Empire, is located here Muicurum that ended up being destroyed by the Goths in 548. Rebuilt, the core was integrated into the kingdom of Croatia until 1499 when the Turks invaded the region and the city became a bustling port and large shopping center in the Adriatic to the dazzling splendor of the Venetian Republic.
For lovers of religious monuments have here the monasteries of Sv Filipa Nerija [San Felipe Neri] built in 1757, in its distinguished faculty remains of the Roman and medieval. The Samostan Franjevački [Franciscan Monastery] data from 1614 on the remains of another from the fifteenth century, it will find the famous and exclusive Muzej Malakoški [malacological museum] with a fine collection of shells [these shellfish lovers also have a beautiful display in Isla Negra by Pablo Neruda].
Its lighthouse, just 800 meters from the historic center, is one of the symbols of this extensive beach area, is a pleasant walk to the visitor who stands in the way many tamarinds. Project is included in the historical and cultural tourist operation \”Stone Lights\”, a program that can reside in the headlights integrated into the network with some very attractive rates. Is currently used by the couple that usually hold the civil ceremony here. The large apartment in the lighthouse keepers has become three beautiful rooms that many end up renting a whole to spend winters in a rather quiet and relatively civilized in the summer, bustling beach. Say, in passing, that is one of the most frequent reasons that tourists buy postcards with motifs from Makarska.
The building was completed in 1884 and was given the name popularly knew the promontory on which stood the quadrangular stone foundation of the historic lighthouse. Its powerful beam of light is visible between Split and the peninsula of Peljesac. The light rotates at a height of eleven meters and can be viewed from any position marina. The total built on a base of 80 meters is 220 m². The installation is fully automated and connected to the urban grid allowing to have all the comforts of our time in a privileged vantage point. Still in use the old tank that collects all the rainwater that is used to meet the needs of the new Robinsons.
This is a small group of islands Paklinski is located only two kilometers from Hvar and about 470 yards from shore, only has 150 meters at its widest part. It is a rocky ledge nearly deforested whose only purpose has been the beacon.
Almost a circular promontory just ¼ km ². In its center stands the two-story rectangular building and at its core the tower from which the beacon emits its light at night is visible on the island opposite Jerolim. This is a very intense shipping area where yachts have many of its routes and recreational and Korčula lines joining [the homeland of Marco Polo], Lastovo and Mljet. The building is built on a difficult geological setting and the area is full of rocky ledges that cause frequent mishaps.
It was built in 1872 and only two families of lighthouse keepers ate here its existence until it was fully automated in the late twentieth century through a series of solar panels. The building has 220 square feet of floor area, on the first floor and the upper lighthouse keepers lived and ground floor rooms were equipped for displaced workers for maintenance., The tower, 22 meters high, emits a visible light beam to multiple kilometers with its powerful red, now white beam is emitted every four seconds and is visible about 15 miles away. During the summer is often used to host colonies by Croatian scholars have here a well quiet and sunny. On the ground floor also operates a small room or picture gallery. According to Wikipedia, its geographical coordinates are 43 ° 09 \’24 \”N – 16 º 27\’ 10\” E and is considered the geographical center of the islands of Hell [Hell Islands].