Posta Slovenije issued a stamp on 23rd March 2012 featuring the Minorite Monastery of peter and St P St Paul in Ptuj. The stamp was designed by Matjaz Ucakar, designer from Ljubljana. The origins of the Minorite friary of St Peter and St Paul in Ptuj, the oldest house of the Franciscan Friars Minor in Slovenia, date back to the 13th century. Historical sources show that it was founded in the year 1239. Between 1681 and 1696 the friary and church were remodelled in the baroque style. The monumental baroque west front of the church, the work of Dionysius Merlino of Lugano, was completed in 1690. This was also the year that the Italian artists Antonio Ouadrio and Pietro Bettini completed the stuccowork in the friary refectory. The frescoes are believed to have been painted by Rupert Vallauer, a member of the Order of Friars Minor.