The next two passenger ferries in turn to be presented on Åland stamps are S/S Birger Jarl and M/S Sally Albatross. These are ferries number seven and eight in a series of twelve ferry stamps.S/S Birger Jarl was delivered by Finnboda shipyard to Swedish shipping company Stockholms Rederi AB Svea as S/S Birger Jarl in 1953.
After her maiden voyage on 6 June 1953 to Helsinki with invited guests, she was put in traffic for the collaborating shipping companies Bore, FÅA and Svea between Stockholm and Helsinki and Stockholm and Turku, calling at Mariehamn. In 1973, the ship was sold to Finnish shipping company Jakob Lines, and from 1976 to 1977, the ship berthed in Stavanger as a supply and receiving ship. In the autumn of 1978, she changed name to S/S Baltic Star. The steam engine was replaced by a diesel engine in 1982 and, five years later, a new section was added on the foredeck. With Ånedin-linjen as new owner in 2002, she was once again under Swedish flag and under her old name Birger Jarl, operating as cruising ship between Mariehamn and Stockholm.