The Philatelic Bureau of The Bahamas Postal Services presented first day covers of its new commemorative stamp series to Governor General His Excellency Sir Arthur Foulkes; Prime Minister the Rt. Hon. Hubert A. Ingraham and the Venerable Archdeacon James E. Palacious on 8th Sep 2011 who accepted on behalf of the Anglican Diocese of The Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands .The commemorative stamps have been produced in observance of the 150th Anniversary of the establishment of the Anglican Diocese of The Bahamas and the Turks & Caicos Islands as well as the establishment of the City of Nassau. In 1861, the Anglican Church in The Bahamas became a separate Diocese. Previously, in 1824, the Anglican churches in The Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos were incorporated into the Diocese of Jamaica.Also in 1861, the first bishop of The Bahamas Anglican Church, Charles Caulfield, was consecrated and Christ Church was renamed a Cathedral.Under English law, a town to which an Anglican bishop was appointed and which served as the location of the Cathedral, would be designated as a city. This sequence of events therefore resulted in the Town of Nassau being designated the City of Nassau.