Christ Church Cathedral (15c stamp) is the “Mother Church” of the Anglican/Episcopal Diocese of The Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands. The word ‘Anglican’ denotes that this church was originally the Church of England which came to the region during the colonial expansion and that this church is the same as the “Episcopal Church” in the United States of America. The Turks and Caicos Islands, though politically separate, are a part of this Diocese. The cathedral remains an historic landmark that has played a significant role in Nassau’s history. It is an enormous Gothic structure that towers majestically over the buildings that surround it. The cathedral underwent a major restoration in 1995. Rawson Square (50c stamp) is a public square at the crossroads of downtown Nassau between the cruise ship docks and the Parliament buildings. The square is named after Governor Sir R.W. Rawson (1864-68) .Government House (65c stamp) atop Mt. Fitzwilliam has been the official residence of the Governor General of The Bahamas since 1801.The historic Nassau shopping area of Bay Street (70c stamp) runs through the downtown area of Nassau. It is lined with shops, cafes, and a mixture of high end and local stores. The many artisans on the island use the island and the sea for inspiration and resources for their art or craft. On 4th November 1861 The Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands became a separate diocese and Dr Charles Caulfield ($1 stamp) was consecrated the first Bishop of Nassau (although he did not arrive in the Islands until 1862).It was when Christ Church became a cathedral (in 1861) that Nassau also became a city. The Royal Governor at that time was Charles Bayley ($2 stamp).