The online philately portal of the India Post, \”epostoffice\” is back on track now. It ran in to some unknown troubles with the \”Payment Gateway\” some time back.Hopefully problems with the payment gateway are completely resolved. Services like \”purchasing stamps online\” seems to be back on smooth channels and let us hope it will continue getting better.
Majority of the philatelists across the country have found this online stamp purchasing system quite cumbersome with its uasbility . Phila Mirror has been witnessing many such issues faced by philatelists as they keep reporting their inability to get themselves registered on the epostoffice portal of the India Post.Why this is happening? Is the portal really problematic? or is it the fault of philatelists?
Philamirror took the task to test it by itself. What we found is here;
- The epostoffice online portal created by the India Post is a website created with \”flash\” and therefore like all such sites, needs better internet speed to download the pages on your screens.It is not a big problem these days as the general speed of the internet is fairly good across the country with almost all ISPs (Internet service provider). Opening of the epostoffice site is therefore not a problem.
- However, the internal pages displaying avialable stamps do download extremely slow even with the fast internet connections.That is one of the common problems with all flash websites.
- India Post could have avoided using flash website as majority of the users are not very comfortable with such websites.It would have been better if the website was created with php base.
- But you cannot expect anything bettter from the \”National Informatics Center(NIC) \” as it is renowned for creating the lousiest government websites in the world.This time NIC outsourced the work and chose an equal quality private partner to create just another \”non-user-friendly website \” for philatelists and all others.
- Majority of the philatelists just couldn\’t register themselves on epostoffice portal. \”The registration process either terminates in the middle or if we type something wrong it is canceled or just rejected the registration itself\”, say the philatelists. Moreover,the registration process is so chaotic that \”even if it is completed successfuly one cannot login into the portal subsequently.The password when typed gets automatically elongated and login fails\”.
- We found that this is really a genuine problem with many of the philatelists as majority of them are not computer experts.We did create an account successfully and purchased stamps through this portal.Beieve it or not it is quite good and the delivery of your ordered stamps is quite fast at your doorsteps.
We suggest following handy tips for you so that you can easily transact on epostoffice portal;
- When you open the epostoffice portal just have patience from the begining to the end.
- Go slow and do not try to fill the fields fast.
- Read every word on the registration form page very carefully. Read it twice rather and then decide what excaty is to be filled in each of the fields.
- When you start typing details in the registration form be cautious that you are really very slow and there are no typing errors.You will not get a second chance to correct it otherwise.
- It is better to write all the information that you need to fill in first on a piece of paper and then you start typing once you get it finalized.
- Do not try to pass any step in haste ese you will and in the same trouble for once again.
- If you have already made few unsuccessful attempts you must change everything for the new registration including email address,name pattern etc. Repeating the same information everytime will always make you unsuccessful as this is the beauty of this portal to serve as non-user-friendly-website!
We believe that if you follow these tips you will certainly enjoy the services of epostoffice forever. Do let us know if you get a success or failure.