By Anil Kr. Pujara
India Post has put up the proforma for the proponents who intend to get the commamorative stamp issued to commamorate any event/honour the personality.For the first time the proforma has been modified so as to include a column asking the proponents to disclose the no of stamps that they intend to buy n requiring them to deposit the money with Philatelic section in advance.The move of India Post is sending very wrong signal. Does it mean anybody can propose any stamp, deposit the money n take away the complete lot thus depriving the collectors n philatelists from their genuine requirement leaving their collection incomplete and forcing them to buy the issue from the proponent/owner at any cost. Will it not add the element of hoarding/ speculation to the hobby?What steps India Post is going to take to prevent such a situation to take place?
REQUEST FOR ISSUE OF COMMEMORATIVE STAMP
1. Name of proposed Stamp :- (In English and Hindi(Devnagari)
2. Category of Stamp :- (Please select the category from the list available in Appendix‘A’)
3. Whether a Stamp or Special Cover :- has already been brought out on this subject ?
3A. If “Yes”, please provide the details :- of release
4. In case of Institution :
a. Name of the Institution :-
b. Whether this is a parent or umbrella Institution :-
c. Location :-
d. Occasion (Number of years):-
5. In case of Event :
a. Nature of event :-
b. Duration of the event :-
c. Date of inauguration and valediction :-
d. Participation level and quantity :-
6. In case of Personality :
a. Name of the Personality :-
b. Area of the Personality :- ( to be selected from the Appendix ‘A’)
c. Date of birth of the Personality :-
d. Date of death of the Personality :-
e. Nativity of the Personality :-
7. Details of the proponent :-
a. Name of the proponent :-
b. Address of the proponent :-
c. City :-
d. State :-
e. PIN Code :-
f. Telephone :-
g. Fax Number :-
h. e-mail id :-
Contd…2/- – 2-
8. Release details desired :-
a. proposed date of release :- (Please give 3 options)
b. location of release :-
9. Enclosures needed :-
a. Written brief (700-1000 words) :- Annex ‘A’
b. Source of data and authentication : – Annex ‘B’
c. Visuals-photos, drawing etc. :- Annex ‘C’
d. Soft copy (CD/DVD) :- Annex ‘D’
10. In the event of the proposal being approved, what will be the minimum demand from the proponent : Quantity
a. Stamp @ Rs. 5/- and/or Rs. 20/- –
b. First Day Cover @ Rs. 2/- –
c. Brochure @ Rs. 2/- –
d. Cancellation @ Rs. 1/- –
e. *Presentation pack @ Rs. 100/- –
f. Deluxe Album @ Rs.300/- –
g. Blow up 20” x 24” @ Rs.3000 –
h. Blow up 30” x 40” @ Rs.4000 –
*Presentation pack will contain Stamps, First Day Cover and Information Brochure in a specially designed folder. Prices of philatelic items are subject to change & will be notified.
1. Proposal to be received by Philately Division of Department of Posts at least 18 months ahead of the proposed date of release.
2. Second Commemorative Stamp will not be issued on the same issue/event/occasion/personality.
3. Defence related subjects should be routed through Addl. DG, Army Postal Service.
4. Application will be taken up for consideration only if all the information is complete.
5. Receipt of application does not oblige the Department to issue a stamp, only to consider it.
6. Decision of the Department of Posts will be final.
7. Date will be fixed on the basis of significance of the proposal and/or as per the annual printing calendar.
8. Dates once fixed shall not be changed.
9. Payment for material demanded will be made in advance as prescribed and copy of receipt given to the Philately Division.
I/We agree to the stipulated terms and conditions.
Signature with date APPENDIX : A
(To be enclosed with the proposal for Stamps and Special Covers)
THEME FOR STAMPS
CATEGORY PLEASE TICK THE APPROPRIATE CATEGORY
4. Banking and Financial Institutions
5. Civil Service
12. Fine Arts
20. Public Affairs
23. Social Work
26. Trade and Industry
IMAGE ON THE STAMP/COVER