This fourth edition of the Stanley Gibbons St. Helena and Dependencies catalogue lists and prices the stamps of Ascension and Tristan da Cunha as well as St. Helena itself. Now in a new format and easier to use than ever. The comprehensive level of detail will be familiar to users of the Commonwealth and British Empire 1840-1970 catalogue.
Below you can find the catalogues key features:
1. Comprehensive priced listing of all stamps from early issues of St. Helena (1856) to date.
2. New varieties include the 1½d ‘Line through C’ and 8d ‘Shamrock’ on 1924 Ascension and the ½d ‘Damaged value tablet’ 1922 St Helena, as well as new discoveries, such as the inverted watermark on the St Helena 1903 `½d.
3. New handy size and format – more attractive layout, and easier to use.
4. Now including more comprehensive introductory section to improve ease of use and to guide readers through the catalogue.
5. Fully illustrated in colour.
6. On cover “multipliers” provided for all stamps to 1945, to allow calculation of prices for stamps on cover.
7. Watermark varieties, plate flaws, major errors, perforation changes, shades, postage due stamps and booklets are all listed and priced.
8. Includes Great Britain stamps used in Ascension before Ascension stamps became available.
9. Includes the popular pre-stamp cachets (handstamps) of Tristan da Cunha.
10. Listings for issues up to 1970 are based on the 2011 Commonwealth and British Empire Stamps catalogue; later issues have been specially updated and repriced for this catalogue.
Further information on the catalogue can be found on http://www.stanleygibbons.com/