Live Report from Indipex2011-Delhi By Anil K.Pujara, Anurag Vajpeyi, Virendar Dhundhara & Abishek Jalan
Indipex 2011 at New Delhi Pragati Maidan turned out to be just another indian milestone of chaos and mismanagement . Without any fanfair India Post organized Indipex 2011. No due publicity was given to this unique international philatly event.
On the first day of the event we observed umpteen issues that led to gross chaos and mismanagemnt. Here are only a fewof the issues to let other visitors and philatelists to know who are planning to visit the event. Just be careful and understand that India Pos hardly care for you and your comfort in the INDIPEX 2011!
A brief illustrative not exhaustive, but conclusive advisory to all;
- Barring two exceptions no official release was made in media except one given six months back & another released on the day.
- Much published Gandhi stamp on khadi (first unconventional stamp by india post) bears the denomination 100. India post prints the denomination in paisa, does it mean Gandhi khadi stamp is one rupee?
- 100 indicates what? 100 paisa or 100 rupee. Rupee symbol is missing !
- Even no attention is given to ensure that uniformity in color is maintained as two variants have been sold. Where will it end who knows.
- From the entrance to the main venue, there are no sign boards and there is no shuttle- service provided. Though the distance is more than a kilometer and you need to walk down all long.
- India post official counter is a complete mess , highly mismanaged. There is no system prevailing with India Post, a pure typical indian chaos! so guys…be prepared to fight… Philatelists are flocking the counter… you need to b strong….
- The staff and the people entrusted to manage are poorly trained and ill-equipped and you should not expect any courtesy on their behalf.
- There is absolute absense of any proper system of selling Gandhi stamp, presentation pack.If you are interested in this better go the \”INdian Way\”….
- You will observe that at some places they are selling only one MS(Miniature Sheet)per person while you can easily spot out someone walking away with bags full of it. Does it nexux between individuals and officials? No dear philatelis…It is the INDian Way….
- Similarly you may be given one presentation pack as a rule per person but do not be surprized and shocked if you find someone having grabed a bunch of it. Again it is the INDian Way…..
- Highly publicised \”Philatelic Passport \”is simply not available on the first day. India Post chaged it\’s mind? Who knows !!!
- Few enthusiastic philatelists from Chandigarh came up with an innovative idea. They created their own graph sheet and took cancellation on these sheets from individual counters.People have many ideas afterall….bravo!!!
- Couple of countries did not turn up for the event even though counters were put up. As such their counters were giving a blank look.
- Special cover released on peace and harmony was not putup at the counter for sale. Only few lucky ones(you know who these are…) would probably get it…. an INDian Way….
- No proper arrangement for cancellation of philatllic items were made and a lone official was deployed. Being tired he was doing the job half heartily. Afterall he is a government servant and thank god he was present and doing some work….
- Sale of presentation of khadi stamp was poorly arranged.Do not expect any more respect to the father of the nation from India Post.
- Equally publicized \”My Stamp\” counter was another example of poor organizing capability of india post. Children with their parents turned up in large number with expectation to get their personal stamps printed but were highly disappointed. Today itself india post informed that \”My Stamp\” can be ordered by mail also. India Post do not show kind heartedness to the children even…
There is still time to perform better. India post please wake up now !