Live Report From INDIPEX 2011 Pragati Maidan New Delhi By Anil K R Pujara, Anurag, Virendar, Abishek Jalan
- Visible improvement was observed from Day- 1. A proper arrangement was made for sale of special khadi stamp.
- Philatelic passport made available for sale.
- The India Post staff deputed at the counters suddenly turne more polite and courtious but all countries present and participating were not included in the passport.
- Countries included in the passport are not present. Some of the countries particiaping are not having cachet for the cancellation like USA, Mauritious etc.
- Uniformity in the colour of ink used in cancellation is not ensured. With such a non-uniformity the passprt has now become more of a multicolor document.
- Blank passport was made available today at the rate of 100 rupees but postal staff refused to give date cancellation of inaugural day.
- Each country is charging for stamps and cancellation as per their whims. There are no standardization and this leaves the budget of philatelists at bay.
- A size of each country cancellation differs.
- Indipex 2011 logo is missing from the cancellation of some countries.
- Half hearted attempt have been made by India Post to promote philately.More attention is on sale of stamps exclusively.
- Number of counters should have been more.
- India Post should have given special attention to the young ones and speecifically the school children. It is sad to see that the average age of the vistors is almost 40 years an above.
- No arrangement made for sale of special covers on day one and day two. India Post need to take care of this important philatelic event and activity.
Last but not the least, the entry gates for the venue were closed at 4:30 pm without any prior information. India Post should take care of necessary arrangements and at the same time it is equally important to ensure the best comforts of the philatelists and public visiting the exhibition.